This United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) has been prepared by the United Nations Country Team in Iraq in consultation with the Government of Iraq and other partners, with the aim of improving the lives of the people of Iraq, and particularly the most vulnerable, in alignment with the national priorities and Millennium Development Goals.
Five UNDAF priorities have been identified, providing the scope and strategic direction of the UN system’s support to Iraq in the next four years, namely:
- Improved governance, including the protection of human rights.
- Inclusive, more equitable and sustainable economic growth.
- Environmental management and compliance with ratified international environmental treaties and obligations.
- Increased access to quality essential services.
- Investment in human capital and empowerment of women, youth and children.
By signing hereunder, the participating parties endorse this UNDAF and underscore their joint commitment to the fulfilment of its goals.
H.E. Ali Ghalib Baban - Ministry of Planning & Development Cooperation
Ms. Christine McNab - United Nations Country Team
For the complete document click here: